36 Questions that lead to Love
3 November 2020, 11:00am-2:00pm (London time)
13 November 2020, 11:00am-2:00pm (London time)
15 November 2020, 2:00pm-5:00pm (London time)
- The title of this work is ’36 Questions that lead to love’. It is based on a study by psychologist Arthur Aron and his team, who have been, for 20 years, making people fall in love in a lab.
- There are THREE sets of questions on this sheet. We will take turns to read aloud the question to each other. If I read the question aloud, I will answer first, and then you will answer. For the next question, you will read aloud and so on.
- Each set will take approximately 12 minutes. I will keep time. It’s fine if we do not finish all the questions within time allotted, it is more important to answer each question thoroughly and thoughtfully.
- Finally, we will stare into each other’s eyes for 1 minute.
- Last task: come prepared with a sheet of paper, a pen, and an envelope. We will take 10mins to hand-write a letter to each other, saying exactly what we think of each other. Please exclude any identifying details (yours or mine), so that our letter will be as anonymous as it is frank and forthright.
- Please seal your letters in an envelope labelled 36 Questions that Lead to Love.
- In the next days or so, in an act of reverse pickpocketing, we will each slip our envelope into the bags or pockets of strangers.
Click through to read more about the artist: Lynn Lu